In the beginning

6.23.2004

Proud to be an American...

Today is my last day at American Airlines, I will admit that I am quite sad about leaving. I have worked with some really amazing people and made quite a few friends over the last 5 years. I will miss many things about the company, so I've developed my top 5 list of the things I will miss most about American:

5. The Paycheck.
Even after taking pay cuts, I am still compensated well for my job and a paycheck is always nice to have.

4. Working for a Major Airline.
It's neat to be a part of such a well known and respected company,even if it's just a small part.

3. The flight benefits.
I will miss being able to jet off to exotic locations on a whim.

2. My mom telling everyone who meets me where I work.
At first I thought it was annoying, like that's the only thing she ever has to say about me, but later I realized she did it because she was proud of me.

1. My AA Family.
My wonderful friends who have been like family to me. There are too many people to list, but they know who they are and how special they are to me. Thank you all for the great memories.

2 Comments:

  • On one hand, the one thing I regret, it is taking Sammi away from the people she loves so much. I'm sorry for that, baby. You work with a number of good, kind people. I know that sometimes I shirk from calling coworkers friends, but you have never done that. I don't know if your coworkers know how much you cherish them. I imagine that if they do, it is going to be the fondest of farewells.

    On the other hand, I just sneezed. Still, we have a great opportunity ahead of us. We will be two hundred miles from our friends and families. This gives us the chance to really grow together into one person (you know, in the Biblical sense). It also affords us the opportunity to make new friends and to establish ourselves as a couple in new relationships.

    By Blogger Sammi and William, at 11:11 AM  

  • I have no regrets. : )

    Sammi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home