In the beginning

6.09.2004

William

William is an incredible man. Now, before you go thinking this is just some "lover's rant" let me present the facts.
These are just a few examples (Believe me I could go on, but I know it looks like a novel already!):

A few months after I started attending the Bible study group, we went on a group camping trip. It was January and FREEZING! I am always cold and couldn't warm up. William who didn't even know me very well gave me his coat, even though he was freezing himself.
I know this is a small thing, but it just shows his kindness, even to people he doesn't know well.

When I had surgery before we were dating and couldn't drive, William drove me all around town for an entire week. He was off that week because he was moving, but took time out of his schedule to take me to the movies, to eat, to run errands. He did it just so I wouldn't have to be alone or cooped up in the house all day.

On Halloween (again before we started dating, but this was the night that really won me over!) he and I had gone to dinner and we had just came back to the house. Mike and Dee were out of town and Courtney was out with some friends. He walked me to the door and saw the HUGE pile of dishes that were in the sink (I had made Courtney a tuna casserole and left the mess, YUCK!). William shook his head, rolled up his sleeves and started scrubbing. As he was finishing Courtney came home from her adventure and we were all just sitting around talking when she looked up at an unsuspecting William and asked sweetly, "Can I put make-up on you?" William looked a little surprised, if not horrified, but then his face softened and he asked, "Are you going to tell anyone?" Courtney, "No"..."Are you going to take pictures?"..."No"..."Is it going to wash off?" "Yes"...William let me make-up one half of his face and Courtney the other! He wasn't exactly "Pretty" when we finished with him! When I asked William why he let us do it, his response truly surprised me. He said that he did it because he knew that it would make Courtney laugh. Even if it was just for a little bit, if he could make her happy, he was willing to swallow his pride. WOW! Another small example of his swallowing his pride to make someone laugh: He dumped an entire glass of water on himself at IHOP demonstrating his "drinking problem". He did it just to make me laugh, it worked.

A few weeks before we got engaged, I wrecked my car and after a month the insurance company would no longer provide a rental car. William woke up at the crack of dawn to drive from his apartment in Grapevine to my apartment in Lewisville to drive me to work in Fort Worth, before heading to his office in Irving, he even brought me breakfast when he did it! After work he picked me up from work to repeat the journey over again.

Most recently, and I think this was the biggest testimony to his character and commitment to our relationship. I had to go to the emergency room over a ruptured ovarian cyst...I was in excruciating pain, fading in and out of consciousness, no make-up, tubes sticking out of me, looking and feeling miserable, yet William never left my side. He wouldn't even leave to go eat and we were there for 5 hours! Every time I tried to tell him to go eat or that he could leave, he would smile and tell me to shut up and let him serve. He put everything aside to be there for me when I needed him the most.
And when I thanked him, he brushed it off and told me to thank God, because he's the one who really did everything. I do thank God, not just for his healing, but for providing me with such a Godly man. Throughout our friendship and relationship William has been a prime example of Christ's love working through another person. I am so blessed to have this man in my life and I am more grateful than I can express.



1 Comments:

  • Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home