In the beginning

6.02.2004

Water, Water Everywhere

Memorial Day weekend was a blast. Friends came from Lewisville to go tubing on the Guadelupe. Aside from getting a little sunburned and breaking a toe, I rather enjoyed it. I finished off the weekend by driving my best man, Justin, back to Lewisville and visiting Sammi. It is a good thing the wedding is only three weeks away, because living 200 miles apart from the woman you love is not fun.

This morning was a bit more difficult. As I went to turn off my alarm, which is located in the bathroom, I noticed a pool of water on the floor. I looked but could not find a leak from the toilet or the sink. So, I checked in the laundry room, which shares one wall with the bathroom, and found a pool of water there as well. Then it hit me on the head, literally- water was dripping from the apartment upstairs. I mopped up the water and put the trash can beneath it. Then I called in an "after-hours" maintainance request. I didn't hear back from the manager's office, so I called them again once I got to work. I guess we will see if my furniture floats.

Wm.

3 Comments:

  • That's why third floor apartments are sometimes the best. Fewer bugs, and if something is leaking, no big deal. Plus, think of all the mandatory exercise!

    You didn't elaborate on the toe breakage. It would have been cooler if it had happened while tubing, but noooo, it happened because someone doesn't know how to get out of the way of the door edge. haha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 AM  

  • 24 1/2 more days!

    Could be worse, at least you didn't wake up in a "water bed"...Hmmm, that's funny on multiple levels!

    Sammi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:39 PM  

  • Yes, well, I could have elaborated, but I didn't think it was necessary. Most people who know me are aware of my clumsiness.

    Justin, you would have thought it was especially funny when Sammi's father was suggesting martial arts that I might find of interest. When he started talking about Judo, he asked how good I was at falling. I have to say that for all the falling down I do, I'm actually pretty bad at it. I'm much better at standing. So much, in fact, that I'm developing my own martial art based on the time-tested art of not moving. Ever see the rock of Gibralter move? Me either, and that rock is as hardcore as you can get. And if the new fu doesn't pan out, I can always get a job as a scarecrow.

    Wm.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home