In the beginning

1.14.2005

The Textbook Trap

I just spent around $300 on books, textbooks to be more specific. I find it hard to swallow that they are so expensive new (and even used they aren't "cheap"), yet when you re-sell them you don't even get a fourth of the cost back. How can they sleep at night?! I realize they have to make a living too, but sheesh! Maybe I am just in the wrong business...I am trying to be sneaky and purchase one of my books off of half.com, we'll see if that pans out. It's a $96 book that I'm hoping to get for around $40. I've already started this class, but there was a delay in the book ordering so no one has it yet and I have a little time to do some bargain hunting.

-Sammi

3 Comments:

  • I feel your pain. $110 for a single classes textbooks.

    By Blogger Nathan, at 1:05 PM  

  • Half.com is awesome! That's where I get all my books and I haven't had any problems. As long as I know the ISBN # it's a breeze...not to mention so much cheaper!

    By Blogger Justin and Michelle, at 9:25 PM  

  • Yes, that's where I am getting the PSYC book. Next time I will try to get the list earlier so I can have more time to order them.

    By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!

    -Sammi

    By Blogger Sammi and William, at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home