In the beginning

11.30.2004

Post Thanksgiving

William and I survived our first married Thanksgiving! We had our private dinner (doesn't that sound better, than our dinner alone?), then we got to stretch the holiday out to a weekend event. We drove to Dallas Friday night, Saturday had lunch with my sisters and brother-in-laws, and Sunday we had a full Thanksgiving lunch with William's family. It was awesome! I am so grateful that our families worked out special time for everyone to get together, it really is wonderful to have that fellowship.

Since I am on my grateful/thankful thoughts...here are mine for Thanksgiving:

1. William- The love of my life, who supports me in every way. I am so blessed to have him and so grateful for the ways he loves me and provides for me.

2. My family-My new extended family included! I am so thankful for the ways they love me and have cared for me. I am also thankful for the acceptance and love of my new family.

3. My friends-The ones in DFW and the new ones I am meeting here. God has placed so many people in my life who mean so much to me. Thank you all for your friendship!

4. God- I am in awe of the awesome ways God has worked in my life, how every trial has brought me closer to Him and how it is all in His plan. I am grateful for His mercy, love and the freedom we have to worship Him. Thank you God for having mercy on me, the sinner.

5. You- Thank you for reading our blog! It means a lot to know that people take the time to keep up with our lives.




1 Comments:

  • My apologies...

    Ahem- We also spent glorious hours with the fabulous Russell family. The most adorable baby girl these eyes have ever seen Kayleigh, as well as her lovely and charming mother Michelle, and the ever so handsome and intelligent Justin.

    Better?

    I was writing about Thanksgiving celebration stuff, but see your point we are very thankful for you guys.

    -Sammi

    By Blogger Sammi and William, at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home