In the beginning

11.24.2004

Crossing the Antelope Line of Decency

The wife and I usually drive up to Dallas every six weeks or so. That is a lot of drive time, about three and a half hours one-way. This isn't a problem for me, as I love a good road trip. Sammi, however, gets antsy after about twenty minutes in the car, or ten minutes in the truck.

As such, we've taken to playing "car-games" to make it a little easier on her. We spent the first several trips playing "Worst Baby names," which was pretty fun. I think we decided that Crunchy Dill-hole Rutschman was the winner. We also play complete-the-sentence games, such as "I wouldn't go in there..." The big winner there was "...because I didn't flush." The funniest part about these games is that Sammi always wins. She even beat me at my favorite game: "Two words that should never be together." The premise is that some words belong together, like chocolate and peanut butter, only in this game it is the exact opposite. Sammi's winner was:

Fart nog

You can't beat that. Not even with sandpaper baby-wipes.

In fact, Sammi wins at most every game we play, including Bocce ball. The only game I can win at, which requires no creativity or originality, is Scrabble. I'm OK with that because I like to know that she has an amazing imagination, and a killer sense of humor, even when it borders on bathroom humor.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home