In the beginning

11.21.2004

Rainy Day Blog

It is raining outside as it's been all weekend, not the hard pounding rain, but more of a heavier drizzle. William and I were just sitting on our patio drinking a cup of Russian tea (made from his mom's fabulous recipe) enjoying the rain. This weekend we celebrated our "official" one year dating anniversary in San Antonio. William had to do some work and I got to tag along. It was a great, we ate at some really interesting restaurants The Liberty Bar and The Gristmill, went shopping, got a great new mirror at Pottery Barn (which William is hanging now) and enjoyed each other's company. We did a lot of walking in the rain, which was pleasant until William tried to do that thing where you walk ahead of someone when you go under a tree and pull the branch down behind you so you soak the other person...Notice I say William "tried", he failed miserably! Somehow William's attempt was foiled and he ended up completely drenched while I escaped bone dry. William was a drowned rat and had to walk back to the car all wet and squishy shoed. I took his picture, but luckily for him, it didn't take. Darn low batteries! I love rainy days!

4 Comments:

  • I would love rainy days too but I spent half of mine in the ER with a kidney stone.

    By Blogger Nathan, at 6:54 PM  

  • Man, that more than sucks. I hope you are feeling better, I'm sure nurse Kim is taking good care of you : ).
    Really sorry you had to go through that.

    -Sammi

    By Blogger Sammi and William, at 9:23 PM  

  • So.....

    Did you get to keep it?

    I hear that passing a kidney stone is as close as a man can get to the pain of childbirth. Make sure to compare notes in the future.

    In all seriousness, I hope you're all better now. This has to be one of the worst times for your plumbing to be out of whack. I'll pray for a speedy recovery.

    Wm.

    By Blogger Sammi and William, at 9:57 PM  

  • All is well...spent the whole Sunday on Vicodin...magical pill. I have some soreness but the doc said he didn't see another one in the immediate future. Damn the kidney stone.

    By Blogger Nathan, at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home