In the beginning

10.16.2004

Humans 2, Scorpions 0

When I got up this morning, I went into the bathroom. Something caught my eye. Something that was crawling along the edge of the wall in the hallway. I didn't have my glasses on, and I couldn't see exactly what it was. So I got as close as I could to try and make out what kind of bug it was. It was another scorpion! I instinctivly grabbed Sammi's shoe (near-by) and tenderized that scorpion (all of my shoes are kept in the closet, which it appeared he was trying to get into- unlike my wife's shoes, which are strewn about the apartment) until he was just another stain in the carpet.

Hear me now, all you scorpions: Lo, the blood of your bretheren lay upon my carpet. I am the instrument of the all-mighty God, and, if it pleases Him, will vanquish your kind. I am as pissed-off as that indian guy, Mogwa, in "Last of the Mohicans." I will not stop until I rip out your heart, and destroy your children so that you will know that your blood-line ends at my doorstep- or whatever room I annihilate you in, be it the bathroom, the kitchen, the study, the bedroom. Better yet, stay out of the bedroom altogether.

And I'll do it all with my wife's shoes.

2 Comments:

  • My husband is a badass!

    By Blogger Sammi and William, at 9:53 AM  

  • I knew someone would demand proof. Sammi is my witness. She saw it because she cleaned up the mess. It was my plan to leave it dead, on the floor, as proof of my accomplishment.

    Wm.

    By Blogger Sammi and William, at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home