In the beginning

6.01.2006

Gardening




We had this tree planted over the weekend. William and I left it to the professionals because it's about 15-17 feet tall and there is only about a foot of soil before you hit rock in Austin. We did plant some crape myrtles and filled in some mulch in the front ourselves though. I'd like to install some brick edging around my flower beds, I have a couple of ideas, so I will take a picture of that stuff when I get it finished. I do have a picture of my garden gnome! I got him in a White Elephant gift exchange at Crossroads a few years back. Anyone know who's gift it was? I never found out.

He caught that fish all by himself- he's so proud he won't set it down!

6 Comments:

  • Actually, the rock doesn't start until you are almost three feet down. The guys installing it brought an electrick jackhammer with them. Standard procedure around these parts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:31 PM  

  • Hey Justin don't knock the gnome! If I recall you got a coconut bra and hula skirt! And WANTED it!
    Ya'll come and see us!

    = ) Sammi

    By Blogger Sammi and William, at 7:03 PM  

  • We have a garden gnome! he's holding a bouquet of flowers, tho. Much nicer than a fish.

    By Blogger Little Me, at 3:30 PM  

  • Maybe your garden gnomes can get together and start a family!

    By Blogger Stacey C, at 8:07 PM  

  • maybe my garden gnome can deodorize your garden gnome's rotten fish with his wilted flowers. or else your garden gnome can share a bite of fish with mine. i think he's getting too skinny. poor little fellas standing out in this heat with their perishables. somebody get them a refrigerator!

    By Blogger Little Me, at 5:23 PM  

  • oh goodness yard work. It will have to wait till next year. Great job at getting it done so fast! I agree with you on having the house perfect for company. I enjoy having a nice home for people to drop in to occationally.

    By Blogger From Carlys Eyes, at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home