In the beginning

2.06.2007

Talkin' 'bout a home

This weekend we celebrated the one year anniversary of living in our home. It may seem silly to everyone else to celebrate this, but this anniversary is very special to me. The truth is I've not lived a full year anywhere since I left my parent's house. I was 19 when I moved out and in the last 6 years I've moved 14 times. Even when William and I got married, I only lived in our first apartment 9 months and the apartment after that about 10 months. So I've come close a few times, but never hit a full year anywhere before this weekend. This anniversary is important to me also because I have never had a house. I grew up in a trailer and lived in a few houses that belonged to family or friends, but never had a house of my own. I love that William and I have a home to build traditions in and hopefully one day raise a family in. I know that there may be other homes in our future, but this house will always hold a special place in my heart. Thank you God for your provision, you have blessed me by providing me a home not just for my body, but for my restless soul and not to mention some wonderful people to share it all with.

3 Comments:

  • I like anniversaries and milestones, too.

    But I get why making a house a home is a special anniversary of sorts for you.

    *raises his cup of coffee and makes a toast*

    "Happy homestead anniversary!"

    By Blogger Brent, at 6:56 AM  

  • Hey -

    i think we might hit you guys up for a place to stay one night in July... We will be on our way to Padre Island and we would love to stop by and see ya... I'll let ya know later about details but it would be the Thursday after the 4th of July...

    Marilee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

  • congratulations. it feels so...grown up, owning a house, doesn't it? we just passed 7 months in our house. i look forward to spending the next 5 or 10 years making it our own.
    i don't think it's a silly thing to celebrate at all. i hope you enjoy many more years in your new home.

    By Blogger Little Me, at 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home