In the beginning

8.18.2004

Back to (Middle) school...

That's right, I'm headed back to the 6th grade...but not in the Billy Madison sense.

I am going to be a paraprofessional at a local middle school. I wasn't really looking for a job and was kinda torn between whether or not I would pursue nursing or teaching. I decided I would try to volunteer at the local hospital and try to do some substitute teaching at some local schools to get a feel for both areas. I went ahead and applied for this paraprofessional position because I saw that it was under special education and figured that would be somewhat in line with nursing... I put my ap in Monday, got a call back Tuesday, Interviewed this morning and start my new job tomorrow. It's been a whirlwind, hopefully William and I can make the adjustment smoothly.

On a side note, it turns out "special education" is the same as kids with learning disabilities so it's not as in line as I presumed, but either way I am looking forward to the experience. I love kids, especially Middle Schoolers...we'll see if that holds true at the end of the week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home